Star Citizen Patch v2.6.1
Welcome to 2.6.1! This patch is primarily dedicated to bug fixes, targeting Star Marine and Arena Commander in particular. However we also have made some quality of life improvements for the game, updates to Spectator Mode, and new implementations of our ongoing network code updates.
Your launcher should show “2.6.1-506099” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Live client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public.
Please review our current list of Patch 2.6.1 Known Issues, and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.
- For users encountering GPU Related crashes on NVIDIA cards, please ensure that you have performed a clean driver installation of driver version 378.66!
- The “Contacts List” button on the Universe page does not work.
- Hangar flair item are not persisting through client restarts.
- Players may experience excessive desync when interacting with the Greycat Buggy.
Arena Commander Balance Changes
- To unify scoring with Star Marine, player kills are now scored separately to Vehicle Damage.
- Revenge kills and Resurgence awards have been removed from Arena Commander for the moment.
- Lowered the spawn rate of pirates in Pirate Swarm slightly to provide a less drastic difficulty curve.
- Improved the weapons issued to the Aces in Pirate Swarm mode.
- The number of missiles and countermeasures awarded from pickups in Arena Commander game modes have been lowered.
- Only currently dead players will be resurrected after a boss wave in Multiplayer Pirate or Vanduul Swarm, no additional lives will be provided.
- This is to better balance the modes now that repair and restock pickups are available in the game mode.
- Suicide in Arena Commander now carries a score of -200 points.
- Updated the shields and fuel for the Constellation variant in Pirate Swarm.
Star Marine Balance Changes
- Revenge kills and Resurgence awards have been removed from Star Marine for the moment.
- In-match loadout customization is now implemented!
- During a Star Marine match, while your character is dead, you will have the option to change out your loadout before respawning.
- Additional dialog lines during matches have been added.
- FPS weapons have received a balance pass to improve viability.
- Added a +25 Hemorrhage scoring bonus for causing another player to bleed.
- This bonus is not awarded if you cause yourself to bleed.
- Multiple changes have been made to both OP Station Demien and Echo Eleven maps.
- These changes are to help prevent spawn camping and balance times between control points, as well as plugging up exploits.
- In-game leaderboards are now implemented for both Arena Commander and Star Marine, so you can now review your standings in any given game mode within the game client!
Spectator Mode and Camera Changes
- With 2.6.1, we have made vast improvements to camera behavior and now allow players to enter our Pure Spectator Mode.
- Pure Spectator Mode can now be entered through Private lobbies by starting a match by checking the “Join as Spectator” box next at the bottom of the screen.
- There are new cinematic submodes available to Spectator Mode, including First Person View and Focused Action Cam.
- Cinematic cameras, in and out of Pure Spectator Mode, should now better align with the player you are watching.
- This includes ensuring your target is facing upright, and behaving appropriately when encountering walls or barriers.
- Cameras should now properly Save and Load views regardless of map or mode type excluding Crusader.
- Advanced Camera Controls have been improved to be more precise and smoother in transition.
- Fixed an issue where players could not move or adjust their camera if they died while exiting their ship.
- Made saving and loading of cameras persist between game sessions.