Launch Times & Patch Notes
With Tom Clancy’s – The Division’s release just around the corner (8th March) Ubisoft have released details of the exact times when we get to play it. As I’m playing the PC version the dates/times below relate to that platform (consoles may vary)
THE DIVISION: PREPARE FOR LAUNCH
Agents, we’re only a few short days away from the official release of Tom Clancy’s The Division. As the excitement continues to build, we’re here to arm you with the information you’ll need before the game launches. We know that availability times can be a bit confusing, so here’s a detailed breakdown of each platform’s pre-load and activation times.
PRE-LOAD & CLIENT SIZE
Pre-load is now available on PC. If you purchased a digital version of the game, you should be able to download the game client from your digital store.
The client size will vary from 26.9 to 34.4 GB.
Retail (physical) versions will be available to play at the following time:
- PC will be available worldwide on March 8 at 6 am CET/12 am EST/March 7, 9 pm PST
Digital versions will be available to play at the following times:
- PC will be available worldwide on March 8 at 6 am CET / 12 am EST / March 7, 9 pm PST.
THE DIVISION DAY 1 – PATCH NOTES
TOM CLANCY’S THE DIVISION 1.01
After the success of the Closed and Open Betas, and the overwhelming feedback we received from all of you, our team has been hard at work to fix a lot of issues and implement more improvements based on your suggestions. Take a look at some of the most notable changes that have been added since the Open Beta.
APPEARANCE MENU HAS BEEN UPDATED:
- Now displays as a grid making it much easier to browse items
- “Outfit Sets” option added to quickly equip all the items in a set
- “Inspect” feature added
- Fixed several lights that did not cast global illumination
- Fixed missing volumetric lights on traffic lights
- Illuminated signs now cast actual light
- Improved atmospheric haze in several time and weather combinations
- Improved night time lighting and contrast
- Adjusted exaggerated rim light shader on characters
- Improved car window reflections
- Improved Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) to be more pronounced
MEGA MAP AND OPEN WORLD UPDATES:
- New “Mission Overview” has been added to the Mega Map
- Contaminated zones will now display the required filter level on the Mega Map
- Field data with audio will automatically play when you pick them up
- If you start listening to field data with audio from the menu, you can keep listening outside the menu
- Subtitles added for all Field Data that play audio
- Mission entrance menu usability has been improved
- Significantly increased the number of crafting materials obtained from loot crates
- The icon for landmarks in the Dark Zone has been changed and now indicates if non-player enemies are present or not
- New “Help” menu is now available in the Settings menu. It stores all the loading screen and context sensitive tips
- New tutorials added for certain gameplay features and mechanics (these can be switched off in the Options menu)
- Added information to the in-game loot pickup UI that displays why an item can’t be picked up
- The deployable turret no longer targets non-rogue players and doesn’t damage neutral players caught in the line of fire
- Skill modifiers have been added directly to gear (previously only available on gear mods)
FIXES AND GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS:
- Fixed glitches that could be exploited by players to gain an unfair advantage in the game (such as invisibility, shooting through walls, etc).
- Extended server-side checks to detect any illegal actions from the game client, limit their impact in the game and track down the perpetrators.
- Fixed an issue on character select screen that resulted in getting stuck with a specific combination of inputs
- Fixed a progression blocking issue caused by accepting a group invite at a specific moment during the Base of Operations unlock sequence
- Players will no longer return all the way back to start screen after creating or logging in to their Ubisoft Club account
- Fixed remaining bugs that prevented log-in attempts when non-essential services were offline
- Overall stability increased
- Further backend improvements and optimizations
- Localization adjustments and bug fixes
- Additional minor bug fixes and polish