Patch notes for EVE Online: Ascension
Features & Changes
The new EVE Online: Ascension Expansion Theme (2016) is available.
Hooked up some new sounds when docking in stations; one for each race.
Clone States and Free EVE Online
EVE characters will be assigned one of two distinct clone states: Alpha or Omega
Accounts with an active subscription and their corresponding characters will be assigned the Omega Clone State and will work the same as subscribed characters have previously.
Unsubscribed accounts and their corresponding characters will now fall into Alpha State, which allows free access to EVE Online using a specific list of skills and skill levels.
Omega Clone State
- Assigned to all characters on subscribed accounts
- Faster training rate and longer skill queue than Alpha State
- Allowed to train and use all skills, ships and modules
Alpha Clone State
- Assigned to all characters on unsubscribed accounts
- May train and use skills from a specific list which focus on Frigates, Destroyers, and Cruisers along with basic Industry ships
- List of allowed skills varies depending on character faction
- If you are returning after lapse, the faction chosen at character creation will be used to determine which skill list you have as an Alpha
- Accounts lapsing from Omega to Alpha will have their training queue paused and will have previously trained skills outside the Alpha set disabled until subscription is renewed
- Alpha characters may not be logged in simultaneously from the same location as other active EVE Online clients. For details please see our End User License Agreement
Account services such as PLEX, Multiple Character Training, and Skill Trading are available to characters of both Clone States, which the exception that characters in the Alpha State may not extract skills from the Alpha skill set.
For more information on Clone States, including the Alpha skill list, FAQs, and community discussion, see these Dev Blogs:
Drones & Fighters
- New mining drones (including an ‘Excavator’ Mining Superdrone and the first ever ice mining drones) have been added, new mining drone skills have been introduced.
- Existing mining drones have been rebalanced.
- Further information is available in this dev blog.
- The drop rate of Small Ancillary Armor Repairer blueprints in data sites have been increased.
New explosions that will blow you away!
Sub-capital ship-wrecks have been redesigned.
A fourth level of detail has been added to improve graphics performance.