Elite Dangerous – 2.2 Beta is live
I’m pleased to confirm that the 2.2 beta is now live on PC. Please note that the ship transfers in the beta are correct as per the community poll and include delivery times. Module transfers and storage are still being worked on, so aren’t available yet.
The change log is detailed below. Please do take the time to play and test the update as best you can and ensure you give your feedback on the Beta forums here,
If you do not have Horizons Beta access, you can purchase it from our store from here.
NEW CONTENT 2.2
- – Added F-63 Condor as a playable ship
- – Added Imperial Fighter as a playable ship
- – Added Taipan as a playable ship
- – Added fighter specific weapon modules
- – Added fighter loadouts
- – Added Fighter Bays for supported ships: Corvette, Cutter, Anaconda, Type 9, Beluga, Federal Gunship and Keelback
- – Added Crew Lounge
- – NPC fighter pilots can be hired
- – Hired pilots receive a revenue percentage
- – Fighters can be given orders
- – Mothership can be given simple orders when player is in a fighter
- – NPC ships can use ship launched fighters
- – Role panel updated to support fighter operations
- – Display NPC Fighter Pilot name when targeting the ship they are controlling
- – Added a warning/reminder to set active NPC crew
- – New geological features added (fumeroles and geysers)
- – Biological entities added
- – POIs can now be persistant (applies to new geological and organic features)
- – Mysterious things added
- – Added Beluga Liner as a playable ship
- – Limpet blueprints added
- – Scanners (KWS, Cargo, Wake) blueprints added
- – Defences (ECM, Chaff, Heat Sinks, and Point Defence Turrets) blueprints added
- – Utilities (Life Support, Fuel Scooping, Refinery, AFM) blueprints added
- – Added new Engineers
THE ENGINEERS BETA RELEASE DATE AND ELITE DANGEROUS 1.6
“Our amazing team at Frontier is continuing to deliver on an incredibly ambitious vision for Elite Dangerous. There have been major Elite Dangerous deliveries every 2-3 months, with smaller point updates in between – a stunning total of 148 deliveries over the last 15 months. For The Engineers we decided to take a bit longer, to ensure what we deliver is great, but also to give us a chance to revisit many of the features in the game already. This is in addition to the great new features we have already hinted at, and of course more of the story, more on the ‘barnacles’ and their origins, more on aliens, and much, much more…
The Engineers are individuals that are mavericks in some way. Each has some sort of expertise from their pasts that they have made into a business – tuning all sorts of aspects of your ship to improve them. They do this using exotic and often hard-to-find components. Most Engineers are very secretive, working behind the scenes for the military or other shady organisations, and so you need an introduction, and need to find out how to find them. Missions can lead to introductions to Engineers, and some Engineers will introduce you to others, providing a more directed path for those that want that sort of approach. There is progression with each Engineer too, as you build up your relationship with them by doing missions and earning their trust.
I am delighted to announce The Engineers (Elite Dangerous 2.1) will be available to players with beta access in the week ending 8th May.”
We have an update incoming today. The galactic servers will go offline at 11AM GMT and will return within the hour (UPDATE: We aim to bring the servers back online at 12.30GMT – thanks!). Below are the patch notes to quench your changelog fever.
- Fix for crash when approaching some settlements (AZRAEL – SEARLE PORT)
- Fixed a crash in drone component
- Fix for crash during outfitting
- Added guards for a door manager related crash
- Fixed Mine/Missile malfunction causing the client to crash
- Added guards to help prevent a Capital Ship related crash
- Ensure cargo is transferred when re-buying a ship from an orphaned SRV
- Limit Galnet to only displaying recent articles in the game
- Fix Darnielle’s Progress in the Maia system
- Fix some names in local trading report news articles.
- Stop requiring the Phekda permit to travel to that starsystem
- Rank missions should no longer instantly fail for no apparent reason
- Ammo store shouldn’t show drones as purchasable if there is no stock
- Galaxy map now remembers the previous Cargo Mass slider setting, unless enough real cargo is added to the ship to exceed the slider setting
- Don’t replot the current route just because the Galaxy Map is opened. Fixes the route being forgotten sometimes if viewing the galaxy map during FSD charge, and helps to avoid forgetting the in-system target at the end of the route
- The SRV is now refuelled when it docks at a port
- Fixed an issue when deploying the buggy to a garage in a port, the buggy started slightly below the ground.
- Fix Imperial Cutter schematic
Client: Text Display
- Translations updated.
- Various text fixes.
- Fix bug when determining network connection MTU causing assorted player-to-player connection problems.
- Fix for network object ID exhaustion.
- Fixed some missing Powerplay translations.
Server Side Fixes
- Fixed some metadata mismatches causing server errors.
- Fixed a server crash if a star system is being accessed while being deleted.
- Various server performance and reliability improvements
We will be taking the servers offline soon to apply update 2.0.03. The downtime for this update should take no more than 30 minutes. As always, we hope to come in under that time. The servers will go offline at 11AM UK, 6AM Eastern US time.
Sit back, relax, read the patch notes, and think about the socks.
- Don’t crash if an invalid preset is selected in bindings.
- Fixed a crash in trail rendering.
- Prevent a crash if closing bulletin board while the page is updating.
- Fixed a prospecting drone crash.
- Fixed a render crash with asteroid cluster.
- Fixed a crash from NPC launching.
- Zooming into a discovered planet surface map and zooming out will show all unknown planets – fixed.
- Corrected an issue when accumulating replication on SRVs so that we don’t halt network replications if the owner is currently in the classified camera.
- Shouldn’t have to drive away from the crashed ship sites and Barnacles to be able to recall your ship.
- Fixed a network error when shutting down drones.
- Rebalanced the ice field lighting in the CQC map.
- Fix for at least one cause for broken materials on Radeon HD 5000/6000 GPU’s.
- Fix skipping in ident video.
- Plus sign fixed for German language.
- When purchasing exploration data, Universal Cartographics is now able to include details on all bodies in a system.
- Fixed a number of star systems with stuck controlling minor factions.
- Addition of ‘Alternate Download’ option for users with slow download speeds.
- Fix for users unable to launch the 32-bit ED client.
- Fix for some new customers not seeing the redeem product prompt.
- Minor background update when launcher is booted via Steam.
We’re about to deploy a small set of changes to the Horizons servers. Good news however! There won’t be any downtime with this update.
Below are the changes…
- Fixed some stability problems with exploration data.
- Fixed a display issue with major faction rank progress bars.
The Frontier Dev Team
(Source: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=214239 )